Saturday 30 December 2006

29th Dec 06
Post by: Spence

Time to Reflect

As the end of the year is coming to an end and a new year is once again approaching us i would like to take a couple of minutes out of my time to reflect back, set aims, open my closet and thank those who deserve it the most. 2006 hasn't exactly been the most easy or happy times of my life, I've had my ups and downs as many of you also have within parkour and your personal lifes and i bet alot of you have endured a much more harder time this year than myself. Ive struggled alot during 2006 to find a true meaning within my training and im still looking for this essence. I've struggled alot to progress, learn and fight my inner most fears within my training. I've battled to stay at my level and to learn the little i have this year, I've endured alot within my personal life through family problems, relationships, depression, hospital visits, deaths, near deaths and other problems. I've personally experienced generally a hard time this year, But now is enough. Now ive buried my hatchets ive now got a fresh slate ready for 2007 and im putting everything ive experienced this year behind me. Im setting myself personal goals and aims within parkour and my personal life, because i refuse to experience another repeat of this year!!!. My new personal aims within my training this year are to become Stronger mentally and physically, improve my Agility, increase my Flexibility, Control, increased Power and to improve my Efficiency. My aims within my personal life are to become a better person, to help others and to teach others the knowledge i have gained so far. I'm not saying 2007 will be a walk in the park but im sure i can make alot of things easier for myself this year, and i am absolutely one hundred per cent determined to succeed in my aims and self satisfaction within my training and personal life this year.

Now onto the thanks (im just upset i have no golden awards to go with these words hehe) During the last months of this year ive experience a rapid progression within my training. This rapid progression started back September-October time when i was introduced to Mr Matten, (charming fella who picks fights with bald headed scousers just after his raided there gardens for a quick training session, ;-) hehe). I've progressed, learnt and gained so much knowledge off you dude, you've had a great positive impact on my training and have helped me overcome barriers that i thought where impossible to overcome mentally and physically not to mention the positive impacts you have had on everyone else's training, you have changed our perspectives on Parkour and thanks just dosent seem enough, ...so in your name im gunna blow the shit!!! out of Liverpool (sorry Danny). But on a serious note, Thanks Jay ;-) I would also like to thank My girlfriend for having a big influence on my training these last months and showing me she has more mental strength than every traceur on this earth put together, you have showed pure courage and you get my up most respect, your an influence and i should now not have any mental barriers. Love you babe!. I would like to thank everyone at Bottom Level Conditioning who have had a big impact on my training and who have helped me progress and keep me going, Ash, Chris, Kev, Justiene (ive spent hours trying to find the right spelling of your name hehe) (your be missed :-( and others ive more than likely missed out. You've helped me keep going these last months. As again this year has been a struggle but the whole point of this post is to end this year on a positive note. I'm entering the new year in a positive mind frame and have gained a little self satisfaction with my training and the way things are heading these last few months. Have a Great New Years everyone at Bottom Level and i will be seeing you Next Year For conditioning and training.

No comments: