Tuesday 12 December 2006

10th Dec 06
Post by: Jason
Crane mission.
During early summer 2006 I was was going through a hard time because of my knee injury not allowing me to train parkour etc, and at home I was becoming very distant from my dad and the whole family because of the constant friction/arguing between us all. All i could think about was getting the ____ out of there because i didn't need or want the stress and i no longer felt welcome. During this time my real friends were very supportive and Jin and his family helped me out BIG TIME by letting me stay with them for a few months until Jin had to go to UNI, this allowed me to move out of my parents house and give me a chance to focus on my leg recovering. I had such an amazing summer because of them and i will never forget all of the great times i had with the TCT so a ---BIG Thank you to the Donovan family ----

One of the most awesome things I did with the TCT was the Crane mission, it involves using parkour to get into a building site at night and climb a huge crane without being seen caught or arrested and it rocks!! MSJ (Mike) was the first one to do the mission on his own,crazy fool:-),
after this we all wanted to do it so we arranged to meet up around 12 one night, train for a bit and then all of us do it as a group.

Visit the TCT site to see a vid of the night.


Because the first time I did a crane mission was with the TCT and in a group, now when i look at a crane or a possible night/ninja mission i get a flood of awesome memories from my time in Cambridge with some of the coolest guys around and the other night all those feelings and memories hit me hard when I was at the building site and I had an overwhelming urge to do the crane mission on my own; so that's what I did. At the nearby college in Canterbury, they are building some new blocks, they have two cranes; one small that I have climbed already and one big that I have been planning my entrance, exit and climb on for a while. The conditions were good fun, it was raining very hard and was windy as hell so the rain came in sideways lol it makes me laugh thinking about it now. The building site is surrounded by houses so you have to be fast over the fences and across the open grounds to the first covering once in the building itself you have to be very quiet because on most sites they have security guards that patrol regularly and the whole building was lit up so i was very quiet because i was almost sure i would have to get past a guard, the harsh winds came in very handy and covered any noise that i made (also made me jump a few times :-) Turns out I didn't see any guards and I moved fast! into main structure, found the base of the crane and started climbing straight away, as soon as i climbed out of the cover of the building I was hit by some mad side winds; I started climbing faster, thinking about both the houses- if someone saw me out of their window and not slipping on the metal ladder rungs, before i got to the top i was soaked to the bone. At the top i climbed into the cage below the controls. Now freezing cold I looked at the view hahahaha WKD! I took a moment to enjoy it and film it on my phone but i had to think about getting down because if I had been seen the police could be on their way- I got down fast and as I was leaving the site I found the most amazing scaffolding ever; it was so strong and just box after box with no wooden panels to get in the way. ---- I will be getting some photos to accompany this post soon ---

No comments: